mytable

Friday, June 11, 2004

last night

Guapo used the shears while I held the rabbit. Looking back, I am surprised that i was surprised about the thrashing, and the two inch scratches on my hands, because I know that the spine does it's thing for a little while.

Skinning and dressing took about an hour. Then we cooked it as planned after letting it sit in the fridge with the sage and onions and olive oil for about 20 minutes. We were anxious, what can I say? Guapo enjoyed the eviscerating, and I needed some time to orient myself to exactly what I was participating in. What a powerful experience. Maybe I will do some butchering tomorrow.

My plan is to do the butchering, set all the rabbits to marinating and then go to Publix for curry vegetables, drinks, paper towels, etc etc.

The best news is that my boyfriend does not think I am crazy, and he seems to look forward to the photos from tomorrow's party. Hopefully someone will bring a digital camera. With any luck, many someone's will bring digital cameras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home